Rangapara College, the premier higher educational institution of Rangapara Legislative Assembly Constituency of Sonitpur district of Assam has constituted an Anti-Ragging Committee as the guidelines issued by the Honourable Supreme Court of India and UGC. The committee has been constituted for a tenure of 3 (three) years to prevent ragging and to take anti-ragging measures and also to address the issues concerning ragging.
Mechanism to Prevent Ragging:
- Senior students form a squad and take the initiative of educating about anti-ragging in the college premises by interacting with the freshers. As a result of which no record on ragging is anticipated.
- All the teaching faculties in their classes educate about the malpractice of ragging and explain the consequences faced due to ragging. Students are alerted to ensure a ragging free environment on campus and in the hostels.
- Random and frequent rounds by the committee members and members of students’ union in the college campus and surroundings.
- A student and parent can fill an online application form with details such as complaint’s name, name of victim, email id., mobile number, ragging details etc. and submit it to email@example.com thereby concealing their identity.
- Display of Anti Ragging posters at all prominent places like Departments, Library,Canteen, Hostels, Common facilities etc.
- Committee develops a survey form and is distributed among the students, regarding Ragging and other malpractices in the college premises.
- Feedback videos are created among the students to know their opinion regarding the College environment.
All students enrolled at Rangapara College must follow the procedure below as an undertaking:
- Students must visit website (Link:https://antiragging.in/Site/ Affidavits_registration_ form.aspx) and download the Anti-Ragging Affidavit (Undertaking).
- Students should fill up the affidavit with relevant and up-to-date information.
- After filling the form, they will receive two copies (one for parent and one for student)
of the anti-ragging affidavit via e-mail. They are required to submit a printed and signed copy of both the affidavits to the Administrative Office at the earliest. If the Committee finds merit in the case of ragging (if any) on the complaint received, the committee will take immediate action including the filing of First Information Report (FIR) with the local police station.
Members of the Anti-Ragging Committee:
|Sl No||Name & Designation||Role||Contact No|
|1||Dr. Ranjan Kalita, Principal||Chairperson||7002355539|
|2||Dr. R. M. Deka, Vice Principal||Co-Chairperson||8822982334|
|3||Dr. Luxmi Muchahari||Convener (Girl Students)||7086915177|
|4||Subham Roy||Convener (Boy Students)||8723866707|
|5||Students Welfare Officer (Mr. Prasanta Boro)||Member||6000190401|
|6||All Hostel wardens (Mr.Prasanta Boro, Luxmi Machahari & Mr.Dadhiram Brahma )||Member||6000190401/7086915177/ 9101149968|
|7||Officer in Charge, Rangapara Police Station (Mr.Debem Bora)||Member||8471835820|
|8||President & Secretary, Students Union||Member||-|
|UGC Letter regarding: “Curbing the menace of ragging in Higher Educational Institutions"|